The Full Moon is the pinnacle of the Lunar cycle! This is my FAVOURITE phase (always gives me those birthday vibes) because it is when I feel most energetic, most uplifted – and also a little loony.
You can let out a big sigh of relief as we reach this peak. Everything has come to a head, and you can start to wind down again after all the hard work you’ve been doing since the New Moon – not before basking in your glory, of course!
This is the time to reap what you have sown since you set your intentions at the New Moon. That’s why – if you aren’t doing a New and Full Moon practice already, you are missing a wonderful opportunity to create positive change in your life.
What does the Full Moon represent?
When the Moon is fully illuminated, she has reached the climax of her cycle. This phase represents completion, clarity, wholeness. Think of the Full Moon as a pregnant belly full of all your ideas, projects, and creativity. All those dream seeds you planted at the time of the New Moon, have now grown and are ready to be birthed.
How Does The Full Moon Affect Me?
Of course, depending on what sign of the zodiac the Moon is in, will affect us differently.
For example, a Full Moon in Scorpio will be particularly good for our water babies, (Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio) but it could feel a little too intense for the rest of us – especially if we are not comfortable dealing with our emotions.
For a more in-depth look at how the Full Moon will affect your sign, and to get familiar with the Moon cycle, you can download Moon Calendar. It’s an app I’ve been using for years and it’s how I keep track of Mama Moon.
Did you know? the word 'lunacy' originates from the Latin word 'Lunaticus' meaning, moonstruck.
How To Work With The Full Moon
This is the time to let go of what is no longer serving you.
- Take a look at your life, your relationships, your job, finances, limiting beliefs – all areas of your life. Ask yourself, what area are you unhappy with? what do you feel is holding you back?
- My limiting beliefs… Don’t think you’re good enough, smart enough, beautiful enough? don’t let these negative (and completely false!) limiting beliefs hold you back – it’s time to let them go.
- I forgive… This can be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, forgiveness only takes a second, but it will free you for a lifetime. Make your list of all of the people, friends, family, acquaintances – anyone you’ve been harbouring old wounds or negative emotions towards, even yourself, and transmute that energy by forgiving.
- I let go of… Is there someone you’ve been holding on to? a lover, an old flame, someone who you’ve been leaving the door open for? Remember, what is yours will not pass you by. Ask yourself, if it’s really meant to be, would you have to hold on so tightly? What about an outcome you were hoping for that turned sour?
- I am grateful for… because… As always, bring your grateful heart into your practice. What are you most grateful for as you sit under the light of the glorious Moon?
- Affirm something positive, something that resonates with you – say it loud and say it proud. Put your hand on your heart, look into the mirror, and love that wonderful soul staring back.
- Forgive, release, receive – (tip: use this as a mantra to remind you) open yourself up to all the gifts, abundance, and love waiting for you, by letting go of what no longer serves you.
- Moon bathing – bask, baby, bask! Of course, your Full Moon practice would not be complete without soaking up some of that Moonlight. This is the perfect time to positively charge and cleanse your crystals – sit them outside, or somewhere in direct Moonlight. Most importantly, appreciate the pearl in the sky – your guiding light through all your dark nights.
Full Moon Worksheet
If you’re anything like me, when starting any kind of practice, you want something that is simple, practical, and gives you all the information you need.
To help you fully embrace and work with the power of the Full Moon, I have created a simple, and useful worksheet for you to print out and use.
If you haven’t already, make sure to read my post on working with the New Moon, where you can print out your New Moon worksheet as well.
After use, you can store it away, tear it up, or burn the page (burn outside on a heatproof surface, away from harm – please take care when doing so). Burning the page is the most effective way of releasing, it feels like magic watching your words disappear, and helps you fully let go of expectation.
Click to download, and start working with the most powerful phase in the Lunar cycle! Be sure to tag me @thedaughterofeden and show me how you’re using your worksheet!
As always, if you enjoyed this post please leave me a comment, share the love on Instagram, and of course, sign-up for my newsletter for even more ways to create lasting, sustainable happiness in your life.
Happy Moon manifesting!
Until next time,
Want to make the most of this post? download Instapaper to save, annotate, and read anywhere.